This is the car as raced in 2017 – the current specification can be found here.
2017 was the car’s first season as a racing car. Most components were left as they had ran on track days for the first few races, with some upgrades coming during the season – most notably uprated anti-roll bars, a dramatically improved limited-slip differential, more focused brake pads and a winged fibreglass driver’s seat.
- MSA-approved Safety Devices bolt-in roll cage with welded feet – cross door bars both sides, cross rear bar
- To August 2017: Cobra Monaco Pro FIA-approved driver’s seat
- From August 2017: Cobra Evolution Pro-Fit FIA-approved driver’s seat
- FIA-approved OMP 802 six-point harness.
- FIA-approved plumbed-in 4kg Lifeline fire extinguisher and electrical cut-off, both with internal and external triggers
- 2.8-litre straight six, five-speed manual gearbox
- 200bhp @ 5500rpm
- 280Nm torque
- To August 2017: 3.15 BMW LSD, factory original 3.0 M3 part, circa 25% lockup
- From August 2017: 3.91 BMW LSD freshly rebuilt to >40% lockup
- HSD Dualtech adjustable suspension
- To June 2017: Factory M-Tech anti-roll bars
- From June 2017: Eibach adjustable anti-roll bars
- Nankang NS-2R 16” tyres – 100-treadwear race compound
- To August 2017: Performance Friction Z-rated track/road brake pads
- From August 2017: Performance Friction 08-compound endurance racing brake pads
- Standard 62-litre fuel tank, approx. 90 racing minutes’ fuel range
- 1250kg without driver
- 0-60mph approx 6 seconds
- To August 2017: 150mph top speed – drag-limited
- From August 2017: 122mph top speed – rev limiter in 5th